Four convicted in murder of former Lake Tahoe resident | TahoeDailyTribune.com

Four convicted in murder of former Lake Tahoe resident

William Ferchland

A jury convicted four men charged with the murder of former South Lake Tahoe resident Paul Lowe, who was killed last November in Reno.

Lowe’s mother, Linda Coursey, said the jury took about two hours to deliberate Monday before convicting Brian Snapp, Eduardo Camacho, Alex Marquez and Carlos Ruiz of multiple charges, including murder with use of a deadly weapon.

The four were being tried in Washoe County. Snapp, Camacho and Marquez were also found guilty of attempted robbery, burglary, battery causing substantial bodily harm and battery. The five charges had a special allegation of use of a deadly weapon.

The three face a maximum of 20 years to life in prison, while another 20 years to life in prison was levied for the deadly weapon enhancement, according to the Washoe County District Attorney’s Office.

Ruiz, the driver, was convicted of all charges except the attempted robbery. He faces 20 to 50 years in prison.

Lowe, 25 was killed when the men tried to make their way into a party held Nov. 8 at Lowe’s apartment along Neil Road. Snapp, a former roommate, was kicked out of the apartment earlier in the night but returned with friends who helped kill Lowe with a knife.

Coursey took solace in the verdict.

“I think it’s great. I think it’s fantastic,” she said. “They’re not going to see the light of day forever.”

She said “it’s been a long year” for her family, who were all affected by Lowe’s death.

“They just didn’t kill Paul, they killed all of us in some form or another,” she said.

Lowe’s father, Clyde, took little comfort from the jury’s ruling.

“It wasn’t fair,” he said. They’re still alive and my son is not.”

Paul Lowe is also survived by his brother, Chester.


Support Local Journalism

Your support means a better informed community. Donate today.


News


See more