Four treated for CO poisoning | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Four treated for CO poisoning

Three men and a woman employed at Horizon Casino Resort were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday afternoon after firefighters discovered the gas in a basement of the gaming hall.

Tahoe-Douglas firefighters rolled to Horizon at 12:48 p.m. after a gas-powered pressure washer tripped a smoke alarm.

“The gas fumes from the engine sent the smoke detector off,” said Tahoe-Douglas Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Ken Poohachoff. “They were trying to do ventilation with fans. We found part of the basement had CO (carbon monoxide) so we evacuated the immediate area.”



Poohachoff said he believed the people operating the pressure washer were hired by an outside contractor to maintain refrigeration units.

The Horizon employees who were treated at Barton Memorial Hospital complained of headaches, dizziness and nausea, Poohachoff said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User