Friends of the Library book club meets Wednesday
South Lake Tahoe Friends of the Library
Since April, a group of book lovers has been meeting on the third Wednesday of each month at 3 p.m. at the South Lake Tahoe Library, 1000 Rufus Allen Blvd. This book club is member directed, with those participating selecting the books and leading a short discussion. We have read a variety of prize winners, best sellers, fiction and nonfiction, and even have some works by poet laureates and new authors coming up.
If you like to read and talk about books, come join our lively discussions. New members are always welcome. For more information, call Jeanne at 530-541-1371.
The following books will be discussed:
– Wednesday: “The Devil in the White City,” by Eric Larson
– Oct. 20: Selected works by poet laureates
– Nov. 17: “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks,” by Rebecca Skloot
– Dec. 15: “The Whistling Season,” by Ivan Doig
– Jan. 19: “Alice I Have Been,” by Melanie Benjamin
– Feb. 16: “The Last Moon,” by Diane Lubell
– Jeanne Benin is a member of the South Lake Tahoe Friends of the Library.