Funeral plans set for NHP trooper
Plans have been finalized for Wednesday’s funeral of Kara Kelly-Borgognone, the Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper who was killed in an automobile accident last week in Spanish Springs.
Kelly-Borgognone, 33, was a 1992 Churchill County High School graduate.
A Nevada Highway Patrol press release issued Tuesday morning has outlined the processional route and parking information for Lawlor Events Center, the site of Wednesday’s funeral. LEC is located on the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
The service begins at 11 a.m.
The procession begins at 10 a.m. from Walton’s Funeral Home, 875 W. 2nd St., in Reno and will travel the following route to the funeral service:
– West bound on Second Street to Keystone Avenue.
– North bound on Keystone Avenue to West Fourth Street
– West bound on West Fourth Street to South McCarran Boulevard
– South bound on South McCarran Boulevard to Kietzke Lane
– South bound on Kietzke Lane to Neil Road (passing by NHP Northern Command)
– East bound on Neil Road to U.S. Highway 395
– North bound on U.S. Highway 395 to the Mill Street off ramp
– West bound on Mill Street to west-bound Ryland Avenue
– West bound on Ryland Avenue to Liberty Street
– West bound Liberty Street to Virginia Street
– North bound on Virginia Street to Lawlor Events Center
The funeral procession is expected to arrive at the Lawlor Events Center between 10:30 a.m. and 10:40 am.
Because there are approximately 2,500-3,500 people expected to attend, the following parking plan should be used to help those who are planning on attending.
Preferred parking areas:
– The West Stadium Parking Complex has ample parking available and is located just north of the Lawlor Events Center and can be accessed from 16th Street just off of North Virginia St.
– Far North Parking Lots – Plenty of parking spaces available and can be accessed from 17th Street or Comstock.
– Overflow parking will also be available at the softball fields that are located near Virginia and McCarran. RTC will be providing shuttle bus service (two CitiFare buses) for this off-site parking area.