Furnace starts house ablaze | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Furnace starts house ablaze

A natural gas furnace in a home at the 1200 block of Bonanza began to burn into a wood floor Sunday morning.

South Lake Tahoe firefighters got the call at 7 a.m. and extinguished the smoldering floor boards with water from a sink.

“They had to cut some flooring where it was burned,” said South Lake Tahoe Fire Engineer Rich Owens. “Because of the replaced floor and moved furnace, I’m guessing the damages are in the neighborhood of $5,000.”



The furnace was not installed properly and the wood had been exposed to heat for a long period of time, Owens said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User