Getting Here and around Town
How to get to Tahoe by car –
From Reno Airport (Total time: 75 minutes)
Exit Airport and enter US-395 South towards Carson City for 7.5 mi.
Merge onto US-395 South via exit number 57B toward Virginia City/
Carson City/So Lake Tahoe for 24 mi.
After Carson City, take US-50 West towards South Lake Tahoe for 24 mi.
From Sacramento Airport
(Total time from Sacramento: 2 hours)
Exit airport and enter I-5 South towards Sacramento for 10 mi.
Merge onto US-50 East towards South Lake Tahoe for 100 miles
From San Jose (Total time from San Jose 4 hours)
Take 680 N for 68 miles
Merge onto I-80 E toward SACRAMENTO for 41 miles
Merge onto US-50 E via the exit- on the left- toward SACRAMENTO/ SOUTH LAKE TAHOE for 103 miles
BlueGo is the high-tech new public transit system in South Shore, Lake Tahoe, combining one management system for the region’s major public and private mass transportation services. It utilizes cutting-edge software and infrastructure to provide transit solutions to both locals and visitors.
Call 530-541-7149 or log on to http://www.bluego.org for schedules, fares and information.
– Complimentary, anywhere on the scheduled route to/from the resort
– Operates mid-November – May 1st, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The standard BlueGo services includes fixed bus routes
(formerly the S.T.A.G.E. service) and the summer trolley
– Bus Service
– $1.25 each way, anywhere on the scheduled route, $2 all day
– Operates 6 a.m. – midnight, year-round
– Summer Trolley
– $3 all day, free transfers
– Operates mid-June – mid-September, 10 a.m. -10 p.m.
The BlueGo Casino shuttles transport riders by request from local lodging properties to the downtown casinos.
– $1 each way
– Service area from Al Tahoe Blvd. in S. Lake Tahoe, Ca to Round Hill, NV.
– Operates 8 a.m. – 2 a.m. year-round
BlueGo Door-to-Door is a premium convenience-based personalized van service offering specialized trips for those with specific trip requests.
– Price depends upon distance traveled, $3-$5 each way.
– Reserved pick-up to and from any location between Meyers, Calif., and Zephyr Cove, NV, based upon availability.
The BlueGo public/private partnership is led by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency.