Gun-cleaning man accidentally shoots roommate | TahoeDailyTribune.com

Gun-cleaning man accidentally shoots roommate

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – A Stateline man was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno Thursday after being accidentally shot in the leg by his roommate, according Douglas County Sheriff’ deputies.

Deputies responded to the report of a gunshot on the 300 block of Quaking Aspen Lane Thursday evening and found two men, said Sgt. Jim Halsey in a statement.

The men said they had been cleaning firearms together in a bedroom at the home when one of them accidentally fired a .41 caliber revolver, striking the other in the leg.

The revolver had been reloaded after cleaning, Halsey said.

A CALSTAR crew flew the injured male to Reno, where he underwent surgery to remove the bullet, which had fragmented after striking his femur, Halsey said.

The incident has been deemed accidental and no criminal charges are pending.

Sheriff’s deputies did not release the names of the men.


Support Local Journalism

Your support means a better informed community. Donate today.


News


See more