House fire confined to bedroom | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

House fire confined to bedroom

A fire inside an attic bedroom Wednesday morning caused an estimated $30,000 in damage to a house at 1199 Martin Ave.

A teen-age girl asleep in the bedroom woke up because of the blaze and called 911 at 1:24 a.m.

“It was possibly an electrical fire,” said South Lake Tahoe Fire Battalion Chief Scott Douglass. “The burn patterns and heat intensity indicate it was electrical, but the investigation was inconclusive.”



Douglass said there was also about $10,000 worth of damage to contents inside the home. He said the house was still habitable since the fire was contained to the upstairs bedroom.

Two engines responded to the fire. Firefighters had packed up and left by 3:25 a.m.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User