Jury awards $3.25M to woman in Harvey’s suit
June 16, 2011
SAN FRANCISCO – A San Francisco jury has awarded $3.25 million in damages to a woman who said she suffered severe injuries at a Nevada casino after drinking a cleaning solution that had been put in a bottled water container.
Christopher Dolan, the attorney for 71-year-old Julia Ellis of Mill Valley, Calif., said the jury award is for his client’s medical bills and pain and suffering. It was handed down on Monday.
Dolan says his client was injured on Dec. 2, 2007 after drinking from a Harrah’s-branded bottle of water a bartender gave her at Harveys Lake Tahoe casino.
According to Dolan, an employee had actually filled the bottle with a highly toxic cleaning solution. Ellis suffered chemical burns to her esophagus and stomach.
A request for comment from Caesars Entertainment, which controls Harveys, was not immediately returned.