Kindergarten enrollmentis under way
Children entering kindergarten in the Lake Tahoe Unified School District in September must be registered at their designated elementary school. Boundaries are available for viewing at http://www.ltusd.org or a map can be picked up at the Education Center, 1021 Al Tahoe Blvd.
To be eligible for enrollment, a child must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 2, 2007.
California law requires that the following be provided:
1. The child’s birth certificate
2. Proof of immunization, which includes varicella (chicken pox), hepatitis B and for most children – the last booster shot
3. TB skin test – Mantoux type only. The test must have been read within the past six months
4. A health examination upon entry to school. Schedule with your family doctor or the health department at (530) 573-3155
5. Proof of California residency
To make an appointment and to register call the appropriate school:
Bijou Community (530) 543-2337; Sierra House Elementary (530) 543-2327; Tahoe Valley Elementary (530) 543-2350; and Environmental Science Magnet (530) 543-2371.
South Tahoe Middle School will be available for registration calls and more information Aug. 14 at (530) 541-6404. South Tahoe High School is available now for registration calls and information at (530) 543-2255. Freshmen and new-student orientation is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Aug. 30 on the football field. A barbecue will follow.