Active shooter training exercise at LTCC
April 3, 2014
South Lake Tahoe's police and fire departments are participating in an active shooter drill training exercise Thursday morning at Lake Tahoe Community College, from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
People may hear sounds resembling gunshots fired in the area. They are urged to not call 911 as this is only a training exercise, the city said in a news release this morning.
The goal of the training exercise is to give police and fire departments a chance to work together to prepare for an active shooter type of incident in the city limits.
Trending In: Local
- What to look forward to in Tahoe this spring
- Lake Tahoe Polar Plunge raises $185K for Special Olympics
- South Lake Tahoe City Council cannabis discussion moved to special meeting
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday