Active shooter training exercise at LTCC
April 3, 2014
South Lake Tahoe's police and fire departments are participating in an active shooter drill training exercise Thursday morning at Lake Tahoe Community College, from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
People may hear sounds resembling gunshots fired in the area. They are urged to not call 911 as this is only a training exercise, the city said in a news release this morning.
The goal of the training exercise is to give police and fire departments a chance to work together to prepare for an active shooter type of incident in the city limits.
Trending In: Local
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows receives $17 million in investments from parent company
- South Lake Tahoe officials: Woman trapped in car may have died had snowplow not hit it
- Four more members added to Douglas County VHR task force
- City: Whole Foods says it is still committed to South Lake Tahoe location
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes