Angel Acosta-Gasca identified as Gardnerville man killed in Red Lake wreck
October 28, 2017
Gardnerville resident Angel Acosta-Gasca was identified as the man killed in a collision off Red Lakes Road in Alpine County on Oct. 16.
Alpine County authorities released Acosta-Gasca's name on Wednesday.
The collision occurred at about 9:30 a.m. at Red Lake Curve just west of Hope Valley.
Acosta-Gasca was eastbound in a Toyota Highlander when for some reason he crossed into the path of an oncoming Freightliner truck.
The two vehicles collided head-on. The driver of the Freightliner was uninjured.
California Route 88 was closed until just past noon as both vehicles were towed from the scene.
Recommended Stories For You
The crash remains under investigation by the California Highway Patrol.
Trending In: Local
- McClintock defeats Morse for 4th District House seat
- Douglas County fires up VHR hotline; commissioners to host discussion
- Caltrans to close California Route 89 in Emerald Bay for erosion control Wednesday
- LimeBike to bring electric scooters to South Lake Tahoe
- Condo project targeting middle-class workforce coming to South Lake Tahoe
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival (updated)
- Sierra House Elementary School classroom sustains ‘major damage’ in fire
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region