Tahoe Rim Trail Association offering backcountry safety courses
February 28, 2019
The Tahoe Rim Trail Association is offering courses designed to help keep people safe while in the backcountry.
Courses range from snow camping 101, where guides will train participants on inter weather trip planning, back country cooking and staying warm.
The course starts March 2 and then brings students out to the wilderness March 16-17 to test their skills. Cost is $130 for TRTA members and $150 for nonmembers.
Rim Trail members also will conduct a two-day wilderness first aid course, including both classroom and field demonstrations.
The cost is $235 for members and $265 for nonmembers.
Trending In: Local
- Deep snow deaths a reminder to stay safe on the mountain in the Sierra
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows receives $17 million in investments from parent company
- South Lake Tahoe officials: Woman trapped in car may have died had snowplow not hit it
- City: Whole Foods says it is still committed to South Lake Tahoe location
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Rain, snow expected at Lake Tahoe today; more storms in forecast
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results