California gas prices hit $4.16 per gallon
April 14, 2014
Average retail gasoline prices in California have risen 12.3 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $4.16 a gallon on Sunday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 10,526 gas outlets in California. This compares with the national average that has increased 3.4 cents per gallon in the last week to $3.59/g, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
Including the change in gas prices in California during the past week, prices yesterday were 19.7 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago and are 21.6 cents per gallon higher than a month ago. The national average has increased 9.2 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 7.2 cents per gallon higher than this day one year ago.
"The national average has zoomed higher in the last week, regaining some upward momentum and bringing us to the highest national average so far this year," said GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan. "As we get very near the final shift to summer spec gasoline, we're seeing prices continue to creep higher in many communities across the country. GasBuddy last week released a forecast for what motorists should expect this summer, and to summarize, we expect prices nationally between April and September to average out to $3.52/gal, which would be slightly under the same period last year," DeHaan said. The entire release can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/1gtkFWr
Trending In: Local
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Gaming lounge opens in South Lake Tahoe
- Glenbrook home on Lake Tahoe East Shore sells for $13 million
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm could bring 4 feet of snow to Sierra mountains
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- South Lake Tahoe man sleeping behind car killed after neighbor unknowingly backed over him