Draft master plan available for review
August 29, 2014
The City of South Lake Tahoe and El Dorado County announce the Draft Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan is available for review. The document was developed through extensive feedback from citizens, staff, and multiple community groups.
In spring 2013, El Dorado County and the City of South Lake Tahoe joined forces to create a new Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan for the South Shore. This Master Plan represents a coordinated effort to align recreation resources and obtain community support to enhance recreation facilities and services for the Eastern Slope of El Dorado County. The plan provides direction for enhancing recreation opportunities for residents and visitors by increasing collaborative efforts and focusing resources where they are most needed.
The five key recommendations in the draft Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan consists of regional coordination and collaboration, park and facility maintenance, renovations and improvements, new park, facility and trail development, recreation activities, programs and events, and operations and management.
The document is available online at http://www.cityofslt.us/DocumentCenter/View/4414 and hard copies are available at the Recreation and Swim Complex located at 1180 Rufus Allen Blvd. and at Tahoe Valley Airport located at 1901 Airport Road.
Also, an open house is scheduled to review the public draft of the South Lake Tahoe Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan. The event will be an opportunity for the public share ideas on the recommendations within the plan and address public comments at the Recreation and Swim Complex located at 1180 Rufus Allen Blvd. at 7 p.m.
A four questions Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan survey was released and is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VQ968VF.
Trending In: Local
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers