Excellence in Education Home tour to benefit local learning
August 8, 2014
Spend an afternoon exploring six one-of-a-kind custom homes in Truckee's Martis Camp and help raise money to benefit local schools during the sixth annual Excellence in Education Home Tour taking place Sunday, Aug. 24, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Excellence in Education partners with the Tahoe Sierra Board of Realtors for this unique event that presents a group of distinct homes. Discover many of the latest trends and creative ideas in luxury home building, as envisioned and executed by a handful of the region's premiere architects, builders, designers and landscapers.
"Anyone joining us for the Home Tour will enjoy a day of beautiful architecture designed to fit seamlessly into everything we all love about living in Truckee, as well as have the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of thousands of children," said Fawn Chang, Excellence in Education board member and Home Tour chair.
The tour offers examples of cutting-edge architecture and building and provides guests a glimpse of contemporary interior design and landscaping ideas. Visitors will view open outdoor living areas featuring fire pits, outdoor kitchens and heated patios, furniture built-ins that seclude the kitchen appliances, and SmartHome Technology.
Each home is designed to interact with its outdoor space with ample natural light, using a blend of modern design and rustic raw materials.
Proceeds from the Home Tour benefit quality public education within the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District. Money raised goes directly into the school district via Excellence in Education Foundation's grant programs and the Martis Camp's Community Foundation.
Recommended Stories For You
Tickets for the tour are $40 per person in advance, $45 day of event and may be purchased at Dickson Realty, Tahoe Mountain Resorts, Carr Long Real Estate, Better Homes and Gardens (Tahoe City office), North Tahoe Visitor Center, Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, California Welcome Center in Truckee and at http://www.ExinEd.org.
Tickets purchased online will be held at Will Call.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; arrive by 2 p.m. to complete the full tour. Food and beverages will be available at the Park Pavilion for purchase after the Tour.
Martis Camp is located near the Truckee Tahoe Airport, off Highway 267 at the end of Schaffer Mill Road. Follow the event signs to Martis Camp where guests will be directed to a designated parking area and take a shuttle bus to each tour home.
For more information or to volunteer call 530-550-7984 or visit http://www.ExinEd.org.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- Gaming lounge opens in South Lake Tahoe
- ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ films season nine premiere in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe