Fernley man arrested on arson charge
October 10, 2014
A house fire in Fernley resulted in one arrest on Wednesday.
Firefighters put out the blaze at the home at 391 Ben's Way near Highway 50 on Wednesdaqy afternoon. Homeowner Michael Hand, 66, was arrested on charges of first-degree arson, the Lyon County Sheriff's Office stated in a news release.
No injuries were reported, police said. the fire was reported at about 3:45 p.m., stated Scott Huntley of the North Lyon County Fire Protection District.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, a small pickup truck was engulfed in flames and a garage was engulfed, Huntley said. Crews worked on the blaze until after 11 p.m., he said.
Secret Witness and the Lyon County Sheriff's Office are asking for information about the fire. Secret Witness can be reached at 775-322-4900 and the Lyon County Sheriff's Office can be reached at 775-577-5023.
Trending In: Local
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Sierra Nevada snowpack improves to 93 percent of average in March 2018