Food Bank to hold Hunger Response Network meeting in South Lake Tahoe
April 14, 2014
Hunger response agencies, organizations and individuals in South Lake Tahoe are invited to participate in the Food Bank of El Dorado County Hunger Response Network Meeting in South Lake Tahoe.
The meeting will take place 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, April 23 at the American Legion Hall, 2748 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
It is designed collaborate with local organizations to conduct a South Lake Tahoe focused Hunger Study to truly understand the community's needs and the best ways to allocate the Food Bank's resources in Tahoe based on these results.
Those wishing to participate should contact the Food Bank's Communications & Development Director Carey Fong at 530-621-9950 or via email at email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
The Food Bank of El Dorado County along with a collaboration of other hunger response agencies, El Dorado County Health & Human Services Agency, and other community partners will conduct the Hunger Study.
Based on the results of this Hunger Study, the Food Bank will determine the best way to mobilize its resources which include partnerships with California Emergency Food Assistance Program, FoodLink, Feeding America, California Association of Food Banks, USDA, local grocers and others to increase food distributions to its partner agencies throughout South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
The Food Bank of El Dorado County and its partner agencies have served the community of South Lake Tahoe for more than 10 years. During this time, the Food Bank has distributed emergency supplemental groceries each month to its partner agencies, held free Farmer's Markets during the summer months, and distributed groceries from its mobile food pantry. South Lake Tahoe is part of El Dorado County yet it is often forgotten; therefore, the Food Bank would like to hear from the community on how South Lake Tahoe can be better served by the Food Bank as an integral organization that wants to "Prevent Hunger — Provide Hope" in communities throughout El Dorado County.
If your organization or business is interested in sponsoring the Food Bank please contact Carey Fong.
Contributions can be mailed to the Food Bank of El Dorado County at 4550 Business Dr., Cameron Park, CA 95682 or online at http://www.foodbankedc.org or by calling Fong at 530-621-9950. Together we can reach out to our neighbors who struggle to make ends meet.
Trending In: Local
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- El Dorado County moves toward VHR ordinance
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe South Shore gaming win up over 25 percent in July
- Spooner Lake, Tahoe Rim Trail to close for forest health project
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates
- Referendum seeks to put South Lake Tahoe cannabis regulations on ballot