Food Bank to hold Hunger Response Network meeting in South Lake Tahoe
April 14, 2014
Hunger response agencies, organizations and individuals in South Lake Tahoe are invited to participate in the Food Bank of El Dorado County Hunger Response Network Meeting in South Lake Tahoe.
The meeting will take place 10-11 a.m. Wednesday, April 23 at the American Legion Hall, 2748 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
It is designed collaborate with local organizations to conduct a South Lake Tahoe focused Hunger Study to truly understand the community's needs and the best ways to allocate the Food Bank's resources in Tahoe based on these results.
Those wishing to participate should contact the Food Bank's Communications & Development Director Carey Fong at 530-621-9950 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.
The Food Bank of El Dorado County along with a collaboration of other hunger response agencies, El Dorado County Health & Human Services Agency, and other community partners will conduct the Hunger Study.
Based on the results of this Hunger Study, the Food Bank will determine the best way to mobilize its resources which include partnerships with California Emergency Food Assistance Program, FoodLink, Feeding America, California Association of Food Banks, USDA, local grocers and others to increase food distributions to its partner agencies throughout South Lake Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
The Food Bank of El Dorado County and its partner agencies have served the community of South Lake Tahoe for more than 10 years. During this time, the Food Bank has distributed emergency supplemental groceries each month to its partner agencies, held free Farmer's Markets during the summer months, and distributed groceries from its mobile food pantry. South Lake Tahoe is part of El Dorado County yet it is often forgotten; therefore, the Food Bank would like to hear from the community on how South Lake Tahoe can be better served by the Food Bank as an integral organization that wants to "Prevent Hunger — Provide Hope" in communities throughout El Dorado County.
If your organization or business is interested in sponsoring the Food Bank please contact Carey Fong.
Contributions can be mailed to the Food Bank of El Dorado County at 4550 Business Dr., Cameron Park, CA 95682 or online at http://www.foodbankedc.org or by calling Fong at 530-621-9950. Together we can reach out to our neighbors who struggle to make ends meet.
Trending In: Local
- Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows receives $17 million in investments from parent company
- South Lake Tahoe officials: Woman trapped in car may have died had snowplow not hit it
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- City: Whole Foods says it is still committed to South Lake Tahoe location
- Four more members added to Douglas County VHR task force
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Mountain Housing Council releases report on short-term rentals in North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results