Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to celebrate grand opening this week
January 29, 2015
STATELINE, Nev. — Lake Tahoe's newest hotel and casino on the South Shore starts rocking in its newly renovated digs tomorrow after undergoing a $60 million six-month transformation.
Construction crews have been working on the new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe all the way up to the resort's grand opening, which kickoffs at 7:45 p.m. tonight on the Fire Break Kitchen & Bar patio. The public is invited to attend the event.
At that time, guests will be able to try out two of the casino's dining spots: The Oyster Bar, touted as the South Shore's first raw seafood bar, and Fuel, a coffee and snack shop. The Center Bar and North Bar will also be available.
At 9 p.m., a free concert will take place at Vinyl, the hotel and casino's music and entertainment venue. West coast funk and soul band Mojo Green will get the spotlight, rounding off the resort's planned entertainment for the night.
"We have spent the summer and fall rehearsing for our big day, and we could not be more excited to share our new resort casino with everyone," said Don Marrandino, chief operations officer for the hotel and casino. "The grand opening is all about celebrating, thanking the South Lake Tahoe community, our friends and soon-to-be guests for their support."
Instead of a traditional ribbon-cutting ceremony, an ice guitar will be smashed to signify the grand opening of the new alpine resort.
Recommended Stories For You
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe was first announced in July, following much speculation as to what would become of the former Horizon Casino Resort.
Construction kicked off the next month.
The property features 539 rooms and suites, four eateries, several bars and live indoor and outdoor entertainment, as well as 25,000 square feet of casino space with more than 500 slot machines and a variety of table games.
Trending In: Local
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- Opening of Renoagogo brings chain store goods to North Lake Tahoe
- Attorney files request for California Supreme Court to review ‘Loop Road’ lawsuit
- Douglas County names appointments to vacation home rental task force
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways