Lake Tahoe Humane Society welcomes board member applications
April 5, 2018
On Saturday, April 7, Lake Tahoe Humane Society will open its doors for community members to fill out board member application forms from 5-6 p.m.
As the Tribune previously reported, the organization is exploring the possibility of implementing a new board after the community noted that it's time for the nonprofit to change its structure and current members expressed exhaustion over the amount of work they have put into the society over the past year.
The organization has been reeling since embezzlement accusations were levied against former executive director Niki Congero. The board fired Congero in April 2017, accusing her of embezzling thousands of dollars.
Those who are not looking to be on the board but would like to volunteer will be able to pick up necessary forms outside the door of the property, located at 884 Emerald Bay Road.
The date of the next board meeting has yet to be announced, as it depends on the turnout of community members interested in being on the board.
Trending In: Local
- New Douglas County manager resigns after 1 week on the job
- Attorney files request for California Supreme Court to review ‘Loop Road’ lawsuit (updated)
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- Douglas County names appointments to vacation home rental task force
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings