Kindergarten registration set for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District
April 17, 2014
Kindergarten registration for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District is being held May 5-9 at all elementary schools. To be eligible for enrollment a child must be five years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2014. If your child was born in the month of November and will be five years of age on or before Dec. 2, 2014, they qualify for transitional kindergarten — two-year kindergarten program.
California Law requires that: You bring child's birth certificate, proof of immunizations, which includes the Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B and for most children — the last booster shot. Children will not be enrolled in school without presenting an up-to-date immunization record; your child has a health examination upon entry to school (schedule with your family physician); your child has an oral health examination upon entry to school (dental examinations that have occurred in the last 12 months meet this requirement); and you bring proof of California residency.
Call you neighborhood elementary school to make an appointment: Bijou Community School 530-543-2337; Sierra House Elementary 530-543-2327; and Tahoe Valley Elementary 530-543-2350.
Trending In: Local
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- Sand Harbor photo wins Aspira’s 2018 America State Parks Photo Contest
- Man jump kicks bear in chest after it breaks into cabin at Fallen Leaf Lake
- LimeBike to bring electric scooters to South Lake Tahoe
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive