Kindergarten registration set for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District
April 17, 2014
Kindergarten registration for the Lake Tahoe Unified School District is being held May 5-9 at all elementary schools. To be eligible for enrollment a child must be five years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2014. If your child was born in the month of November and will be five years of age on or before Dec. 2, 2014, they qualify for transitional kindergarten — two-year kindergarten program.
California Law requires that: You bring child's birth certificate, proof of immunizations, which includes the Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B and for most children — the last booster shot. Children will not be enrolled in school without presenting an up-to-date immunization record; your child has a health examination upon entry to school (schedule with your family physician); your child has an oral health examination upon entry to school (dental examinations that have occurred in the last 12 months meet this requirement); and you bring proof of California residency.
Call you neighborhood elementary school to make an appointment: Bijou Community School 530-543-2337; Sierra House Elementary 530-543-2327; and Tahoe Valley Elementary 530-543-2350.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- Gaming lounge opens in South Lake Tahoe
- ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ films season nine premiere in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County: Traffic ‘nudge’ effective in Meyers