Lake Tahoe man charged with attempted murder after report of mallet attack
August 18, 2014
A South Lake Tahoe man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder Tuesday after repeatedly striking his female roommate in the head with a rubber mallet, authorities said.
Steven Post, 47, and his roommate were in an argument when the attack took place on the 4,000 block of Azure Avenue, according to South Lake Tahoe Police.
Police arrived to find the woman "awake and alert," Sgt. Shannon Laney said. However, she became unconscious upon arriving at Barton Memorial Hospital.
She was flown to Renown Medical Center in Reno for major injuries on both sides of her head. On Wednesday, Laney said he didn't know what her status was, but confirmed that she was alive.
Police are not releasing the victim's name at this time, but said Post and the woman had apparently been roommates off and on for some time.
As of Wednesday, Post was still being held in the South Lake Tahoe jail without bail.
Trending In: Local
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- What to look forward to in Tahoe this spring
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- South Lake Tahoe City Council cannabis discussion moved to special meeting
- Lake Tahoe Polar Plunge raises $185K for Special Olympics
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way