Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care celebrates 40th anniversary with reception
May 17, 2018
Last month, Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care — the nonprofit focused on raising, rehabilitating and releasing orphaned and injured wildlife — celebrated its 40th year operating on South Shore, and to commemorate the milestone the organization is hosting a reception on Sunday, May 20.
The gathering, held at Revive Coffee & Wine, lasts from 2-5 p.m. and features a presentation ceremony that acknowledges people and agencies that have worked alongside LTWC over the years. There will also be proclamations from the city of South Lake Tahoe, El Dorado County, the state of California and the U.S. House of Representatives, according to a press release from LTWC.
LTWC will provide renderings of its new facility to update the community on its progress.
The 40th Anniversary Reception is open to the public and is free to attend. There will be food, coffee, beer, wine and merchandise available for purchase. Donations are encouraged.
Visit http://www.ltwc.org or call LTWC secretary Tom Millham at 530-577-2273 for more information. Additional details are also available on the nonprofit's Facebook page (@laketahoewildlifecare).
Revive Coffee & Wine is located at 3135 Harrison Ave.
Trending In: Local
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect on area highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible