Lockdown at Tahoe Valley Elementary a false alarm
February 28, 2018
A lockdown that occurred at Tahoe Valley Elementary School on Wednesday afternoon was ruled a false alarm, according to officials at the school district.
The lockdown took place at approximately 2:30 p.m.
“The District’s School Resource Officer and local police responded to the lockdown, secured the school site, and determined that it was a false alarm,” reads a press release sent out by Lake Tahoe Unified School District. “In accordance with lockdown procedures, however, all students were accounted for.”
LTUSD public information officer Shannon Chandler said they could not release any information about the reason for the lockdown at this time.
Trending In: Local
- New Douglas County manager resigns after 1 week on the job
- Attorney files request for California Supreme Court to review ‘Loop Road’ lawsuit (updated)
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- Douglas County names appointments to vacation home rental task force
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings