Lockdown at Tahoe Valley Elementary a false alarm
February 28, 2018
A lockdown that occurred at Tahoe Valley Elementary School on Wednesday afternoon was ruled a false alarm, according to officials at the school district.
The lockdown took place at approximately 2:30 p.m.
“The District’s School Resource Officer and local police responded to the lockdown, secured the school site, and determined that it was a false alarm,” reads a press release sent out by Lake Tahoe Unified School District. “In accordance with lockdown procedures, however, all students were accounted for.”
LTUSD public information officer Shannon Chandler said they could not release any information about the reason for the lockdown at this time.
Trending In: Local
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- What to look forward to in Tahoe this spring
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- South Lake Tahoe City Council cannabis discussion moved to special meeting
- Lake Tahoe Polar Plunge raises $185K for Special Olympics
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe