Lockdown at Tahoe Valley Elementary a false alarm
February 28, 2018
A lockdown that occurred at Tahoe Valley Elementary School on Wednesday afternoon was ruled a false alarm, according to officials at the school district.
The lockdown took place at approximately 2:30 p.m.
“The District’s School Resource Officer and local police responded to the lockdown, secured the school site, and determined that it was a false alarm,” reads a press release sent out by Lake Tahoe Unified School District. “In accordance with lockdown procedures, however, all students were accounted for.”
LTUSD public information officer Shannon Chandler said they could not release any information about the reason for the lockdown at this time.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County fires up VHR hotline; commissioners to host discussion
- McClintock defeats Morse for 4th District House seat
- Caltrans to close California Route 89 in Emerald Bay for erosion control Wednesday
- Condo project targeting middle-class workforce coming to South Lake Tahoe
- ‘Feast or famine’ ride demand for Uber, Lyft drivers in Lake Tahoe
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region