LTCC approves concept for coyote mascot
July 2, 2014
Lake Tahoe Community College trustees approved the coyote as the official college mascot last week, effectively replacing the old school mascot: Kokanee salmon.
With the concept finalized, staff will now work on developing the associated artwork for the coyote. It will also work on modifying the LTCC logo before bringing it before the board for approval.
Other progress toward the college's new vision included approval of a new vision statement and blue, green and white as the school's official colors.
A vision committee is expected to reconvene this fall to work on the college branding.
Trending In: Local
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday