Man’s body found at Sand Harbor
August 22, 2014
A man's body was found near the Sand Harbor boat ramp on Friday morning.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office received a call at about 10:49 a.m. that the body was found at Sand Harbor State Park, said sheriff's spokesman Bob Harmon.
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District also responded.
The man's name and place of residence are unknown, Harmon said.
An investigation into the cause of death is under way.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- Gaming lounge opens in South Lake Tahoe
- ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ films season nine premiere in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe