Man’s body found at Sand Harbor
August 22, 2014
A man's body was found near the Sand Harbor boat ramp on Friday morning.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office received a call at about 10:49 a.m. that the body was found at Sand Harbor State Park, said sheriff's spokesman Bob Harmon.
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District also responded.
The man's name and place of residence are unknown, Harmon said.
An investigation into the cause of death is under way.
Trending In: Local
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- Sand Harbor photo wins Aspira’s 2018 America State Parks Photo Contest
- Man jump kicks bear in chest after it breaks into cabin at Fallen Leaf Lake
- LimeBike to bring electric scooters to South Lake Tahoe
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive