Meeting on Harrison Avenue project
April 10, 2014
An upcoming meeting focuses on construction plans for the Harrison Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project.
The meeting is 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 24 at the South Lake Tahoe Senior Center, 3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
City officials and the contractor, Sierra Nevada Construction, will provide information about the project and construction plans, with a chance for residents and businesses to share their questions and concerns.
Work is slated to start in May. The nearly $6 million project repaves Harrison Avenue as well as one block of the adjacent roads between Harrison and Riverside avenues.
Improvements in the project area will include sidewalks, bike trails, landscaping and storm water upgrades.
The project will involve extensive road and parking closures, traffic detours and bicycle and pedestrian impacts that will effect all business owners and patrons in the project area.
Trending In: Local
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Gaming lounge opens in South Lake Tahoe
- Glenbrook home on Lake Tahoe East Shore sells for $13 million
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm could bring 4 feet of snow to Sierra mountains
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- South Lake Tahoe man sleeping behind car killed after neighbor unknowingly backed over him