Memorial services scheduled for Dr. Stephen Bannar
December 16, 2018
Memorial services have been scheduled for a beloved orthopedic surgeon.
The schedule for Dr. Stephen Bannar's memorial services is as follows:
Tuesday, Dec. 18: Viewing at McFarlane Funeral Home, 887 Emerald Bay Road, 5-7 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 19: Funeral services at Saint Theresa's Parish, 1041 Lyons Ave., 10 a.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 19: Burial at Happy Homestead Cemetary, 1261 Johnson Blvd., 11:15 a.m. The reception will be held at Saint Theresa's Grace Hall following the burial.
In lieu of flowers the family is asking donations be made to the Stephen Bannar, MD Memorial Fund c/o Lake Tahoe Unified School District established by Barbara Bannar, Dr. Bannar's widow and a longtime LTUSD school board member.
The fund was created “in recognition of Dr. Bannar's care and concern for adolescent mental health,” according to an announcement from the district. Funds will help provide essential mental health services for LTUSD students.
Recommended Stories For You
Memorial donations may be made by clicking here (note 'Dr. Steve Bannar' in the Special Instructions section) or by check made payable to “LTUSD” with “Dr. Bannar Memorial Fund” noted in the memo and delivered to the district office, 1021 Al Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150.
Dr. Bannar was found dead Thursday morning. A longtime orthopedic surgeon in the community, Bannar performed on countless patients.
News of his death touched off an outpouring of memories and grief from friends and patients.
Trending In: Local
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- Attorney files request for California Supreme Court to review ‘Loop Road’ lawsuit
- Opening of Renoagogo brings chain store goods to North Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County names appointments to vacation home rental task force
- Bessie Minor Swift Foundation accepting grant applications
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country