Minor earthquake strikes near Markleeville
February 11, 2019
A minor earthquake was reported Sunday night outside Markleeville.
The magnitude 3 quake reportedly occurred at 8:50 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 10, about 4.9 miles northeast of Markleeville — approximately 19.6 miles southeast of South Lake Tahoe.
Magnitude 3 earthquakes are typically not widely felt, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeking missing 17-year-old
- Groups help keep Lake Tahoe parks clean during government shutdown
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- High water level damages Lake Tahoe beachfront properties
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend