Motorcycle crash lands man and 10-year-old in hospital
August 6, 2014
An unidentified man and 10-year-old girl were taken to the hospital Thursday after crashing a small motorcycle on Emerald Bay Road and sliding into a moving Mini Cooper, authorities said.
The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time. However, the man was seen wearing a neck brace and was heard complaining of pain in his left leg.
The incident occurred shortly before police received a call at 11:12 a.m., said Sgt. Shannon Norrgard of the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.
The man had apparently been driving the motorcycle with the 10-year-old sitting behind him at the time of the crash. He was travelling southeast in a bike lane, while the Mini Cooper, travelling in the opposite direction, was making a left-hand turn onto Fifth Street, Norrgard said.
The two vehicles collided when the motorcycle fell on its side and slid into the car. Norrgard said it was unclear whether the man crashed the motorcycle to avoid hitting the turning Mini Cooper.
Both the man and 10-year-old girl were taken to Barton Memorial Hospital. The driver of the Mini Cooper appeared uninjured.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- Gaming lounge opens in South Lake Tahoe
- ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ films season nine premiere in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours