Music icons subject of Lake Tahoe art display
September 28, 2016
Some of music's most recognizable faces are hanging in the Foyer Gallery at Lake Tahoe Community College.
Record-Courier photographer Jim Grant is displaying "Music Through the Camera Lens," 20 images taken at concerts put on annually at Harveys Lake Tahoe in Stateline.
Grant, who also teaches at the college, will give a brief talk about the exhibit at an artist's reception 5-7 p.m. Thursday.
Grant said the images aren't your average photos; they're manipulated in Photoshop to look almost like paintings. Some resemble the style used by Andy Warhol, he said.
"I had all these images and I wanted to make digital art," he said. "It's something different than the usual Tahoe landscapes."
The photographer said he's been working on the project since last fall, slowly but surely manipulating the photos, a process that takes a couple of hours per image.
Recommended Stories For You
The display includes images of Sheryl Crow, Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, Ringo Starr, Steven Tyler and others.
It can be seen through Dec. 3.
Lake Tahoe Community College is at 1 College Way in South Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Local
- Tree falls through home, totals two cars in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Wellness Cooperative in escrow for Bijou Center
- Arizona Senate candidate Joe Arpaio tells Nevada’s lawmakers they need to support President Trump
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chain controls, winter weather advisory in effect Sunday evening
- South Lake Tahoe woman prepares to walk across America