Quarterback Club hosting Trunk-or-Treat; Ice arena providing ‘safe place’
October 30, 2014
The South Tahoe Viking Quarterback Club will host a Trunk-or-Treat event Friday featuring small carnival games and candy for any child in the school district who is dressed in costume or Viking blue and gold.
The event will run from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. rain or shine and take place in the Stadium View parking lot above the football field.
After the football game, which starts at 7 p.m., the South Tahoe Ice Arena will be open to STHS students and staff, providing a safe place for teens from 9 a.m. to midnight.
Admission and skate rental is free to all STHS students and staff, thanks to the ice rink. The Quarterback Club will provide the supervision.
The event at the rink will include skating, music, games and food for sale from the concession stand.
Trending In: Local
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes