Return envelopes for tax bills on the way
August 1, 2014
An El Dorado County vendor, R.R. Donnelley and Sons, forgot to send return payment envelopes along with the 2014-15 unsecured property tax bills, and will be mailing them out soon at no cost to the county, El Dorado County Tax Collector C.L. Raffety said.
The return payment envelopes will come with a letter of apology for any inconvenience the oversight may have caused.
"Unfortunately for taxpayers this doesn't delay the delinquency date. The unsecured tax bill is due upon receipt and the bills will be delinquent if not paid on or before September 2, 2014 at 5 p.m.," Raffety said in a press release.
The El Dorado County Tax Collector website offers a secure payment service to pay property taxes by electronic check or credit card. The system accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover Card and American Express. The website is http://www.edcgov.us/taxcollector.
Trending In: Local
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- Lake Tahoe students walk out for safer schools; district discusses security upgrades
- Local philanthropist ups donation to Whittell High School
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- Driving in snow: 10 tips for safely navigating winter roads at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax