Return envelopes for tax bills on the way
August 1, 2014
An El Dorado County vendor, R.R. Donnelley and Sons, forgot to send return payment envelopes along with the 2014-15 unsecured property tax bills, and will be mailing them out soon at no cost to the county, El Dorado County Tax Collector C.L. Raffety said.
The return payment envelopes will come with a letter of apology for any inconvenience the oversight may have caused.
"Unfortunately for taxpayers this doesn't delay the delinquency date. The unsecured tax bill is due upon receipt and the bills will be delinquent if not paid on or before September 2, 2014 at 5 p.m.," Raffety said in a press release.
The El Dorado County Tax Collector website offers a secure payment service to pay property taxes by electronic check or credit card. The system accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover Card and American Express. The website is http://www.edcgov.us/taxcollector.
Trending In: Local
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)