Roof fire put out on Uplands Way
Firefighters put out a roof fire Monday afternoon before it could cause much damage to a home at 2357 Uplands Way.
Someone driving by reported seeing smoke and a small fire on the house’s wood shake roof.
The fire damage was limited to wood shingles around the home’s chimney. There was a fire in the fireplace at the time, Lake Valley Fire Chief Gareth Harris said.
Fallen Leaf Lake Fire, Lake Valley Fire, South Lake Tahoe Fire and Cal Fire responded to the incident. U.S. Forest Service fire crews searched the area to make sure no embers spread to neighboring properties with high winds blowing through the area.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User