School district offers free Child Find Screening
August 22, 2014
Douglas County School District is offering a free Child Find Screening 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at Minden Elementary School, 1170 Baler Street.
If you have concerns that your 3-to-5-year-old child may have delays in early childhood development with speech, language, cognitive, social or emotional skills, and/or fine or gross motor delays, this Child Find Screening is an opportunity for you and your child to meet with school district staff and discuss those concerns.
After the screening, if your child is suspected of having a developmental delay, he/she will then be recommended for further free-of-charge evaluations conducted by the school district and may be eligible for school services.
If you and your child are unable to attend this free Child Find Screening and you suspect your child has a disability or a developmental delay, you may contact the Douglas County School District Special Services office at any time to request an evaluation for your child.
To discuss your questions about Child Find or other early childhood services, contact Cate Guzy, program specialist, at Douglas County School District Special Services at 775-265-5262 extension 4.
Trending In: Local
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations