South Tahoe seeking feedback on plastic bag ban
April 24, 2014
The South Lake Tahoe City Council wants feedback from local business owners on how the city's new plastic bag ban is affecting them.
The issue is the subject of a May 14 workshop in the City Council Chambers. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
Adopted last October with a 3-2 vote, the plastic bag ban took effect for grocers and food vendors in the city on Jan. 15, though the City Council opted to not impose any fines for violations in the first three months.
The ban is slated to take effect for other retail businesses in the city on Oct. 15.
Trending In: Local
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 2: Employers cite housing for inability to find employees
- South Lake Tahoe clears out homeless camps near Upper Truckee River
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- New fitness center Gym Love opens in South Lake Tahoe