South Tahoe seeking feedback on plastic bag ban
April 24, 2014
The South Lake Tahoe City Council wants feedback from local business owners on how the city's new plastic bag ban is affecting them.
The issue is the subject of a May 14 workshop in the City Council Chambers. It starts at 5:30 p.m.
Adopted last October with a 3-2 vote, the plastic bag ban took effect for grocers and food vendors in the city on Jan. 15, though the City Council opted to not impose any fines for violations in the first three months.
The ban is slated to take effect for other retail businesses in the city on Oct. 15.
Trending In: Local
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday