Tahoe Transportation District receiving grant for battery-electric powered bus
September 22, 2017
Sen. Catherine Cortex Masto, D-Nev., on Friday, Sept. 15, announced the Tahoe Transportation District will receive a major grant for a battery-electric powered bus.
She said the new bus will benefit both visitors and residents in the Tahoe Basin and help maintain the area's pristine environment.
The grant is for a total of $850,000 and, in addition to its environmental benefits, help address the basin's transportation challenges.
Trending In: Local
- What to look forward to in Tahoe this spring
- Lake Tahoe Polar Plunge raises $185K for Special Olympics
- South Lake Tahoe City Council cannabis discussion moved to special meeting
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday