Top 5 web-only stories this week
1. Learn about the South Shore’s New Year’s Eve celebrations. There are many events to choose from in Tahoe.
2. Need a good book to curl up with this Christmas? Read about 12 Kindle-friendly options with Tahoe flavor.
3. Please pick up your dog’s poo. According to Tahoe local Toree Warfield, “there are parasites present in dog poop such as E. coli, Salmonella, Giardia and Cryptosporidium, as well as roundworm and hookworm.”
4. Frank Sinatra’s old stomping grounds, Cal Neva Resort, aims for a reopening in May.
5. Watch On the Hill corespondent and Tahoe Daily Tribune reporter Sebastian Foltz make turns at Heavenly Mountain Resort. On the Hill is brought to you by Tahoe Center for Orthopedics.
Head to Tahoe Daily Tribune online (http://www.tahoedailytribune.com) to read these stories and more. The Tribune’s website is updated daily with a variety of local and regional news, including breaking news, food, entertainment, recreation and opinion.