Top 5 web-only stories this week
1. Tyler Minnick, a Tahoe City designer, talks about his business — Sacred State Design — in a recent interview with Jenny Goldsmith.
“Grounded in the fundamental philosophies of sacred geometry, Minnick began developing his organically produced apparel, graphic design, jewelry and decals company seven years ago in conjunction with his newfound Tahoe lifestyle,” Goldsmith reported.
2. Watch On the Hill host and Tahoe Daily Tribune reporter Sebastian Foltz get some midweek runs at Sierra-at-Tahoe. On the Hill is brought to you by the Tahoe Center for Orthopedics.
3. According to The Aspen Times’ Dale Strode, “Kevin Rolland of La Pagne, France, won the men’s ski superpipe at the Winter X Games on Thursday night in dramatic fashion. Rolland, who won the superpipe in 2010 and 2011 in Aspen, posted the winning score on the final run of the competition at Buttermilk, knocking Aspen’s Alex Ferreira off the podium.”
4. Whip up a winter wheat berry salad with an online recipe by Tahoe’s Simone Grandmain.
5. The Associated Press reported that “the governor of gold-rich Nevada is pressing the Obama administration to alter its sage grouse protection plan to free up thousands of mining claims by shrinking the restricted area in exchange for making other unprotected areas off limits, restoring burned out rangeland and reining in wild horse herds.”