Top 5 web-only stories this week
1. Ski boot and insole fitting moves into the future at Gorsuch.
According to Vail Daily’s John LaConte, “The top tier level of service has your feet 3D scanned at Gorsuch, which sends all the information to the ErtlRenz factory in Germany. There, a wooden last is made of your foot using the 3D scan, and that last is used to shape a pair of ErtlRenz boots.”
2. The 3rd annual Alpenglow Mountain Festival on Tahoe’s North Shore kicks off Saturday, Feb. 20, on the heels of 2-foot snowstorm.
“Geared toward beginner and intermediate winter sport enthusiasts, the nine-day celebration presented by bigtruck brand will showcase some of the best outdoor activities Lake Tahoe has to offer,” Sierra Sun’s Kaleb Roedel reported.
3. Planning a movie night? Try “Deadpool.”
Lisa Miller, a Tahoe-based reviewer, wrote “‘Deadpool’ is an anti-superhero movie. It’s a comedy, that spends its considerable bucks to deliver violent sequences and a perpetually naked Morena Baccarin. Ryan Reynolds stars as snarky ex-special ops smart-ass, Wade Wilson, while Baccarin plays Wilson’s girlfriend Vanessa.”
4. Make Shrimp a la Diabla with an online recipe from Simone Grandmain, a Tahoe-based food writer.
5. According to the Associated Press, “Federal judges have agreed to allow environmental lawyers into legal battles being waged by rural and commercial interests in Nevada and Idaho intent on blocking new U.S. protections for the greater sage grouse. Idaho Gov. C.L. “Butch” Otter didn’t oppose granting intervener status to the three national conservation groups in the lawsuit he has filed in Washington, D.C., and the Obama administration hasn’t objected in either case. But nine Nevada counties, three mining companies and a livestock ranch opposed to the move that sets up a three-pronged approach to the arguments in an already complicated case expected to drag well into the summer in Reno.”
Head to Tahoe Daily Tribune online (http://www.tahoedailytribune.com) to read these stories and more. The Tribune’s website is updated daily with a variety of local and regional news, including breaking news, food, entertainment, recreation and opinion.