Top 5 web-only stories this week
1. North Lake Tahoe and Truckee breweries are releasing seasonal beers, according to Kaleb Roedel of Sierra Sun.
Andy Barr, co-owner of FiftyFifty Brewing Company in Truckee, told Roedel that “beer drinkers in the region are especially looking for ‘light and refreshing’ pints this time of year.”
Check out FiftyFifty, Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company and Alibi Ale Works the next time you’re traveling around the lake.
2. According to the Truckee Police Department, it recently added a new electric motorcycle to its fleet — “in an effort to utilize alternatively powered vehicles, reduce emissions and noise pollution that disturb the natural beauty of our mountain environment.”
3. The Associated Press reported that “Parts of the Western U.S. are getting an early taste of scorching summer heat, forcing officials in California, Oregon and desert Southwest states to heed the warnings of dangerous, triple-digit temperatures in this first week of June.”
4. Lake Tahoe Action said, “A genre-bending violin player makes her return to Lake Tahoe’s South Shore this weekend.” Kytami, a former member of Canada’s Delhi 2 Dublin, plays a free show at Whiskey Dick’s Saloon this Saturday, June 4.
5. An FBI probe into Lake Tahoe church crimes continues, according to Sierra Sun’s Kevin MacMillan.
“It’s been nearly four months since vandals severed the head and hands of a granite Virgin Mary statue in Kings Beach, the latest in a string of church vandalism crimes throughout North Lake Tahoe. While no new crimes have been reported since the Feb. 14 incident at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, local law enforcement agencies continue to assist the FBI in the ongoing investigation.”
Head to Tahoe Daily Tribune online (http://www.tahoedailytribune.com) to read these stories and more. The Tribune’s website is updated daily with a variety of local and regional news, including breaking news, food, entertainment, recreation and opinion.