Top 5 web-only stories this week
1. “Earlier this month, CAL FIRE led a multi-agency fireworks seizure operation across several days at the California Border Protection Station in Truckee, often referred to as the ‘bug station,’ which wrapped this past weekend,” Sierra Sun’s Kevin MacMillan reported. “In all, more than 1,882 pounds of fireworks were confiscated, CAL FIRE spokesman Daniel Berlant said Tuesday, resulting in 20 misdemeanor citations and seven felony arrests.”
Phew, that’s a lot of fireworks!
2. Serena Quarelli, director of tennis and teaching pro for the Incline Village Tennis Center, provides seven tips for fun on the court, including this one:
“Don’t lose your sense of humor. Remember it is just a game, and you are not your tennis game.”
3. According to Sierra Sun’s Kaleb Roedel, “Three-hundred and twenty-three tons. That is how much small black chip rock has been raked up and shoveled out of homeowners’ yards in the Tahoma area in the aftermath of the failed chip seal project performed last summer on roughly 21 miles of roads.
“On June 23, roughly 50 of those homeowners converged onto Marie Sluchak Community Park in Tahoma as El Dorado County officials held a meeting to update residents on what is being done to remediate the failed project.”
Head online to read more and watch a video about potential solutions to this West Shore road problem.
4. Lake Tahoe Action reports the debut of “Decadence,” a luxurious cabaret show at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa on Sunday, July 3.
“Prestige [Productions] has taken the allure of burlesque, the beauty of technical showgirls, the intensity of hip-hop, the rawness of primal tribal dance, the wows of acrobatics, contortion, and aerial arts, and blush-worthy comic relief to present a new taste of entertainment,” according to a news release.
5. Celebrate Fourth of July weekend with a themed movie — “Independence Day Resurgence 3D.”
Head to Tahoe Daily Tribune online (http://www.tahoedailytribune.com) to read these stories and more. The Tribune’s website is updated daily with a variety of local and regional news, including breaking news, food, entertainment, recreation and opinion.