U.S. 50 work in Pollock Pines
April 8, 2014
The California Department of Transportation is advising motorists of scheduled ramp and lane closures this week on U.S. Highway 50 in Pollock Pines because of construction. Highway message signs will alert motorists in advance of closures.
A contractor is scheduled to install K-rail, do water blasting and restripe lanes in preparation for the bridge over Sly Park Road to be replaced. The $7.67 million project also includes building new curbs, ramps and sidewalks. The work is scheduled to be complete by the end of this year.
Eastbound motorists also can expect alternating lane closures from Sly Park Road to Bullion Bend Road from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday for median work. Westbound motorists can expect the No. 1 lane closed from 6 a.m. today to 5 p.m. Friday.
For the latest highway traffic news, follow Caltrans District 3 on Twitter or on Facebook.
Trending In: Local
- Impact from China’s new import recycling regulations ‘negligible’ on South Shore
- What to look forward to in Tahoe this spring
- St. Joseph Community Land Trust assists in affordable housing
- Lake Tahoe Polar Plunge raises $185K for Special Olympics
- South Lake Tahoe City Council cannabis discussion moved to special meeting
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax