U.S. 50 work in Pollock Pines
April 8, 2014
The California Department of Transportation is advising motorists of scheduled ramp and lane closures this week on U.S. Highway 50 in Pollock Pines because of construction. Highway message signs will alert motorists in advance of closures.
A contractor is scheduled to install K-rail, do water blasting and restripe lanes in preparation for the bridge over Sly Park Road to be replaced. The $7.67 million project also includes building new curbs, ramps and sidewalks. The work is scheduled to be complete by the end of this year.
Eastbound motorists also can expect alternating lane closures from Sly Park Road to Bullion Bend Road from 6 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday for median work. Westbound motorists can expect the No. 1 lane closed from 6 a.m. today to 5 p.m. Friday.
For the latest highway traffic news, follow Caltrans District 3 on Twitter or on Facebook.
Trending In: Local
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- El Dorado County moves toward VHR ordinance
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Douglas County sets $5,000 fine for illegal vacation home rentals
- Lake Tahoe South Shore gaming win up over 25 percent in July
- #TahoeSnaps: Summer winding down at Lake Tahoe
- Authorities ID man who may have drowned in Lake Tahoe
- Guest column: Cannabis referendum bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Tahoe Chamber hosting forum with El Dorado County supervisor candidates
- Referendum seeks to put South Lake Tahoe cannabis regulations on ballot