US 50 westbound lanes closed again outside Hard Rock Casino
April 23, 2018
Both westbound lanes of U.S. 50 outside of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe are again closed as repairs continue on the underground electrical system that blew up a portion of the road three weeks ago.
Around 5 a.m. on Sunday, April 1, a power component caught fire and exploded under the highway outside the Hard Rock. The cause of the explosion is still under investigation, according to NV Energy.
Westbound traffic is being diverted left or right around the casino corridor on Lake Parkway. The detour will be in place through Friday as the utility company brings in a crane to excavate the manhole. Both U.S. 50 eastbound lanes are still open.
NV Energy said there will be future westbound lane closures as they begin repaving the road.
Trending In: Local
- New Douglas County manager resigns after 1 week on the job
- Attorney files request for California Supreme Court to review ‘Loop Road’ lawsuit (updated)
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring over 1 foot of snow to higher elevations
- Man arrested Saturday believed to be perpetrator in Douglas County, Reno homicides
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on Lake Tahoe highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday