Video: Lake Tahoe Olympian Jamie Anderson on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’
February 28, 2018
Two-time South Shore Olympic gold medalist Jamie Anderson will appear at 4 p.m. today, Feb. 28, on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on NBC.
DeGeneres will interview Anderson, who made Olympic history by being the first woman to win back-to-back gold medals in snowboard slopestyle in 2014 in Sochii, Russia and in the recently completed 2018 winter games in PyeongChang, South Korea.
Anderson also earned a silver medal this year in big air, which made its Olympic debut.
Anderson will talk about maintaining a "good vibes only" mentality throughout the competition and shares her recipe for winning gold that consists of essential oils and listening to Dr. Dre and Drake.
The conversation will switch to the growing presence of females in snowboarding and how Anderson is excited to see the change.
Recommended Stories For You
Anderson will also discuss whether she will defend her slopestyle title in the 2022 games in Beijing, China and if she will try to reach the 2020 summer games in skateboarding.
DeGeneres will also surprise Anderson by taking her on an on-set beach vacation featuring beach chairs, beer and an umbrella.
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeking missing 17-year-old
- Groups help keep Lake Tahoe parks clean during government shutdown
- 10 tips for safely navigating snowy roads at Lake Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- ‘Feast or famine’ ride demand for Uber, Lyft drivers in Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend