Marijuana Awareness Campaign to be held in Carson City
June 4, 2017
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office and Partnership Carson City are teaming up to start a Marijuana Awareness Campaign this summer.
The campaign is an effort to provide accurate facts about recreational marijuana.
“Efforts to expand the legalization of recreational marijuana use is increasing interest in marijuana, and stoking myths about its use,” said Deputy Jarrod Adams.
“Because these myths paint marijuana in a favorable light, they could influence marijuana consumption among children, adolescents and young adults.”
During the summer months, deputies will be patrolling off road areas used as frequent party sports at night as well as the beaches at Lake Tahoe, carnivals and other areas frequented by juveniles. They will be looking for minors in possession of drugs or alcohol.
Deputies will also be teaching marijuana awareness and prevention classes for children and adults. When school resumes, deputies will be teaching marijuana classes in school and to the Parent-Teacher Organization.
Recommended Stories For You
For any questions, contact Deputy Jarrod Adams at email@example.com.
Trending In: Marijuana
- New monthly high for Nevada pot sales; top projections again
- Afroman launches Palmdale Purp at NuLeaf Tahoe’s dispensary
- Cannabis groups and Carson City Sheriff talk new laws and policies around recreational marijuana
- Marijuana use muddies Nevada, federal gun laws
- Legal recreational pot in California: What you need to know
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch, winter weather advisory in effect on South Shore (video)
- LimeBike kicks off 2nd year in South Lake Tahoe with launch party