Marijuana Awareness Campaign to be held in Carson City
June 4, 2017
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office and Partnership Carson City are teaming up to start a Marijuana Awareness Campaign this summer.
The campaign is an effort to provide accurate facts about recreational marijuana.
“Efforts to expand the legalization of recreational marijuana use is increasing interest in marijuana, and stoking myths about its use,” said Deputy Jarrod Adams.
“Because these myths paint marijuana in a favorable light, they could influence marijuana consumption among children, adolescents and young adults.”
During the summer months, deputies will be patrolling off road areas used as frequent party sports at night as well as the beaches at Lake Tahoe, carnivals and other areas frequented by juveniles. They will be looking for minors in possession of drugs or alcohol.
Deputies will also be teaching marijuana awareness and prevention classes for children and adults. When school resumes, deputies will be teaching marijuana classes in school and to the Parent-Teacher Organization.
Recommended Stories For You
For any questions, contact Deputy Jarrod Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Marijuana
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors