Marijuana Awareness Campaign to be held in Carson City
June 4, 2017
The Carson City Sheriff’s Office and Partnership Carson City are teaming up to start a Marijuana Awareness Campaign this summer.
The campaign is an effort to provide accurate facts about recreational marijuana.
“Efforts to expand the legalization of recreational marijuana use is increasing interest in marijuana, and stoking myths about its use,” said Deputy Jarrod Adams.
“Because these myths paint marijuana in a favorable light, they could influence marijuana consumption among children, adolescents and young adults.”
During the summer months, deputies will be patrolling off road areas used as frequent party sports at night as well as the beaches at Lake Tahoe, carnivals and other areas frequented by juveniles. They will be looking for minors in possession of drugs or alcohol.
Deputies will also be teaching marijuana awareness and prevention classes for children and adults. When school resumes, deputies will be teaching marijuana classes in school and to the Parent-Teacher Organization.
Recommended Stories For You
For any questions, contact Deputy Jarrod Adams at email@example.com.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect on area highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible