Sen. Masto awaits US Attorney’s take on pot in Nevada
January 23, 2018
The Nevada Democrat told the Reno Gazette Journal she’s encouraging Dayle Elieson to continue the Obama administration’s hands-off approach to recreational pot.
She says Elieson told her just before the former Texas prosecutor was appointed she didn’t have a position on a Trump administration memo that frees up U.S. prosecutors to enforce federal laws outlawing marijuana even in states’ like Nevada that have legalized it.
Masto says Elieson told her she wanted more time to talk to Justice Department officials about the situation.
The freshman senator says she didn’t support legalization of pot in Nevada but believes it is a states’ rights issue.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms