Sen. Masto awaits US Attorney’s take on pot in Nevada
January 23, 2018
The Nevada Democrat told the Reno Gazette Journal she’s encouraging Dayle Elieson to continue the Obama administration’s hands-off approach to recreational pot.
She says Elieson told her just before the former Texas prosecutor was appointed she didn’t have a position on a Trump administration memo that frees up U.S. prosecutors to enforce federal laws outlawing marijuana even in states’ like Nevada that have legalized it.
Masto says Elieson told her she wanted more time to talk to Justice Department officials about the situation.
The freshman senator says she didn’t support legalization of pot in Nevada but believes it is a states’ rights issue.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Caltrans to activate new traffic light in South Lake Tahoe Tuesday
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)