Motel damaged in fire | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Motel damaged in fire

An attic fire Sunday afternoon caused an estimated $100,000 in damages to Silver Shadows Lodge, a motel at the 1200 block of Emerald Bay Road.

“It was apparently caused by a flue from a wall furnace after insulation got too close to it,” said South Lake Tahoe Fire Captain Steve Taylor. “The fire didn’t expand to any rooms. By the time we got (the attic) open, it was just smoldering and we used a small amount of water to extinguish it.”

Taylor said a charred section of the motel’s roof has to be replaced.



When South Lake Tahoe Fire Department personnel arrived at the building at 3:15 p.m., a red garden hose was spilling water in the motel’s parking lot and guests, some of whom lived at the motel, were carting possessions out the smoke-filled rooms.

Paramedics took one woman to Barton Memorial Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.



Three fire engines were called to Silver Shadows Lodge. Taylor said the scene was clear about 7:15 p.m.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User