Motel guest reports asphyxiation by gas | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Motel guest reports asphyxiation by gas

She went in and out of consciousness twice before she could get to the manager’s office and report her nausea and dizziness.

Friday morning South Lake Tahoe Fire Department determined a wall heater at Tahoe Budget Inn on Emerald Bay Road had been leaking carbon monoxide gas into the woman’s room.

Paramedics transported the 23-year-old San Francisco woman to Barton Memorial Hospital just before 8 a.m. She was treated and released by 1 p.m.



Captain John Lilygren said the wall heater in the woman’s motel room was faulty and heaters in three other rooms also were faulty.

A representative of Tahoe Budget Inn said Sunday night that 16 of its 20 units are still open for business.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User