Nature and fireworks create a big bang on July 4
The annual Lights on the Lake celebration July 4 is expected to attract more than 100,000 onlookers.
The show will begin around 9:45 p.m. with firework explosions in whimsical shapes such as jellyfish, stars, butterflies and smiley faces around. This annual family tradition is choreographed to music and broadcast on local radio stations KRLT-FM 93.9 and KOWL-AM 1490. The event is sponsored by the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority.
The fireworks are launched from offshore barges and can be seen from all corners of town. South Shore offers convenient access to viewing areas via public transportation, paved bike trails and nearby park and walk venues.
Numerous vantage points include:
– South Lake Tahoe’s two paddle wheelers, the Tahoe Queen and M.S. Dixie II; both offer dining/viewing packages.
– Nevada Beach State Park has a soft, sandy shoreline equipped with barbecues and picnic tables.
– Regan and El Dorado Beaches offer front row seating that fills up fast.
– Bijou Community Park is set back from the shoreline and boasts amenities such as a skate park, disc golf course, dog park, golf course and playground.
– The Tallac Historic Site, off Emerald Bay Road, has an east-view perspective with nearby Baldwin Beach and picnic tables.
– For the more adventurous, hike to the top of Mount Tallac for a bird’s eye view of the fireworks extravaganza, but don’t forget your headlamp for the trek back down.
Another favorite is Edgewood Tahoe’s celebration. This setting offers fireworks viewing from Edgewood’s private beach and an all-you-can-eat buffet.
For real time updates on events, call 800-288-2463 or visit http://www.tahoesouth.com.
-This information was submitted to the Tribune via e-mail at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User